Monday, September 7, 2009

September 7

The holiday weekend means time’s short on this one (you’re probably reading this on Tuesday anyway.) But I still found a few gems…

You remember that song, “Bring Me to Life”? That Evanescence song with that gruff voice doing the bridge? You ever wonder about that guy? “That guy” is Paul McCoy, lead singer of a Nickelback-ish band called 12 Stones. And that’s all there is to it, really…


The Dave Matthews Band lost saxophonist Leroi Moore last year, from complications following an ATV accident. Moore wrote several of the band’s songs, and constructed arrangements for many more, making him a minor architect of the DMB sound.
It was Leroi's horn in the opening strains of “Satellite” that first drew me in. So, I’m posting an instrumental track, the hidden track on “Under the Table and Dreaming,” called “Song #34”


I know I already played Pretenders earlier this week, but it’s Chrissie Hynes’ birthday. Here's another song I can't get out of my head, especially playing with the new addition to the household....


And finally, John Phillip Law’s birthday is today. People tend to know him as the blind angel in Barbarella. But I think his best performance is in “Danger:Diabolik,” and the Bots seem to agree:


Tomorrow: We’re motorin’…

No comments:

Post a Comment