Friday, November 6, 2009

November 7

I write this blog day in, day out, despite my daily dramas; maybe it can help me with one.

Today's birthday boy is Neil Hannon, the founder, long-standing, and occasional only member of the British band The Divine Comedy. He fits in that clatch of songwriters too clever for their own good; he'd be a bigger star if our world was a bit smarter, and still appreciated double entendres. He was a great opening act for Ben Folds in '97 (and Ben returned the favor on the other side of the pond, as well as covering "Songs of Love" a few years later.) Still, if you're an American, the most likely thing you've heard him sing is that dolphin song at the end of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie.
Anyway, I was trying to choose a clip for today... I saw this song, and immediately thought of a particular situation I'm currently in. And now, I post, in hopes that once again, a song can elucidate to someone in ways that my own words can't....



His/their next album is currently expected next March; there's plenty of time to catch up of what's he been up to so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment