Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21

Today has to be a two-fer. I'm finally finding the spaces in my week where I can disappear for a mo, and scribble something for the blog. But how can I pick one?
Am I supposed to feature people like Rue McClanahan? Who'd have thought she would be the Ringo of the Golden Girls? Bea Arthur and Estelle Getty are gone, while Betty White's the Queen of the Super Bowl. What about Rue? What about Blanche DuBois, the Samantha Jones of the 80's? Where's her love? Let's send a Happy Birthday wish to Rue, let her know we're thinking about her.
Well, I don't know when I'll have a chance to post this (Hulu's going to start charging any day now), but here's MST3K alumnus The Film Crew talking during a screening of the 50's flick Hollywood After Dark, starring Rue McClanahan - as a stripper. That's all the reason you need.


Or am I supposed to post about people like Seo Tai Ji? His Wikipedia page describes him as something akin to the Michael Jackson of South Korea (sales and popularity wise), which means (according to the music videos I found) that South Koreans love their alt-rock. New Found Glory must be like gods there. Seriously, the music's not bad, and the videos are just plain weird. (Can I say there's so Japan without sounding racist?)


I got lucky enough to get some research done. But which way should I go? Email or comment me, let me know. Let me say thanks in advance:

No comments:

Post a Comment