Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25

I’m not simply trying to well-wish celebrities, or snatch some of that sheen of fame for my pseudo-journalistic exercise. If I wanted blog hits, I’d write about Blake Lively or Claudia Schiffer. And then where would we be?

Allow me to confirm that birthday boy Kel Mitchell is not dead. Remember “Keenan and Kel”? While Keenan Thompson is an SNL castmember, Kel may seem like an Invisible Boy to some of you. But for a few years, solo Kel has made his mark as the R & B Weird Al, with the occasional acting role (“Honeydripper”, “Like Mike 2”) Now, he’s building a new generation of fans, voicing characters in cartoons like "Clifford The Big Red Dog" and "Pink Panther and Pals.". It’s okay, man. We’re all dudes here…


Hey, remember Powerman 5000? Band mastermindSpider One has a birthday today. He’s the Demolition Man to Rob Zombie’s Rambo, claiming sci-fi to his bro’s horror rock schtick.

I have never forgotten “Words Collide” and the Yu-Gi-Oh hair.
While he's not getting into the moviemaking business yet, he seems to be treading closer to his brother's territory, with his new gig as blogger/correspondent for FEARnet.com...

Happy birthday to Takeshi Ueda, of the Mad Capsule Markets. They’re a Japanese rock band that I didn’t realize I was a fan of, until I dug out my PS1 copy of “Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3”.

Every time I hear that song, I forget how uncoordinated I am. In 2010, he's released his second solo album, and continues designing new t-shirts and haircuts...

Most of all, I have to say “Happy Birthday” to Rollie Fingers, Hall of Fame baseball player and personal inspiration.


Someday…

Tomorrow: a couple of spooky chicks…

No comments:

Post a Comment